Junior Health & Physical Education Semesters
- Junior HPE is a compulsory subject in Year 9 & 10. At LHS this is delivered over three out of the four semesters.
- Students in Year 9 receive a whole year of HPE which means they have HPE in Semester A & B.
- In Year 10 they have HPE once. This means it could be in Semester A or B.
- Year 9 Junior Semester classes are referred to as JHPEa, JHPEb, Year 10 Junior semester class JHPEc
- The learning of HPE in Year 9 & 10 is based around the key concepts from our New Zealand Curriculum and is pitched at level 5 of the curriculum https://nzcurriculum.tki.org.nz/The-New-Zealand-Curriculum/Health-and-physical-education/Achievement-objectives#collapsible5
- Relationships & Sexuality Education (RSE) is embedded in JHPE through the below themes and topics.