- Approx Cost:
- Field trips or a Marae visit $10.00 (subject to availability). Education Perfect Subscription $25.00
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Year 9 Te Reo Māori or by negotiation with the HOD Māori.
- Course Outline:
E ngā kaihoe o te waka o te reo Māori, tēnā koutou. This course is a continuation from 9MAO, during which students will continue to build on the four language skills. The primary focus is to develop a practical confidence across reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Topics to be covered include:
- Tōku ao - My world.
- Tōku whānau me ōku hoa - My family and friends.
- Ngā tikanga – Protocol.
- He waiata – Songs.
- Tōku Kāinga – My home.
- Tōku Kura – My school.
- Ki-o-Rahi – Māori ball sport.
This will include regular testing of the four language skills throughout the course in the form of weekly word tests, creative projects and in-class assessments.
- Where Does It Lead:
NCEA Level 1 Te Reo Māori.
- For further information see:
- Matua Tihirangi.