- Approx Cost:
- $21 for trip to Ngāhi Moki Marae.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Course Outline:
This course follows the National Social Sciences Curriculum at Level 5. The aim of the course is to provide the foundation knowledge of Geography, History, Classical Studies and Senior Social Science (Social Studies, Business Studies and Media Studies).
The teaching and learning programme for each class will be based on core knowledge common to all classes and the learning strategies and emphasis will be designed by the class teacher to match the needs of the class.
Course Title: Ao whanui (Going Global)
- Turangawaewae (New Zealand’s identity, culture and heritage).
- Te Ao Hurihuri (A changing world) (Australia and the United States of America’s identity, culture and heritage and the similarities and differences to New Zealand’s culture and heritage).
- Aro ki te Rāwhiti (Looking east) The rise of nations in east Asia and their impact on New Zealand society.
Assessment is designed around the social inquiry process.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 10 Social Science.
- For further information see:
- Mr S Gilpin.