- Approx Cost:
- $ 20.00 for course textbook (One textbook covers both the agriculture and horticulture courses
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
This subject is open entry. However, students should have enjoyed Year 10 Ag/hort and have a strong interest in this subject. It is strongly recommended that students intending to take Year 12 Agriculture should consider taking both the agriculture and horticulture courses during year 11.
- Course Outline:
To learn about different aspects of New Zealand Agriculture. This course will include:
- Carrying out a practical agricultural investigation and reporting on your findings.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the impact on the environment of primary production practices.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the geographic distribution of NZ agricultural primary production.
This course will place a strong emphasis on practical skills and will include a combination of both practical and written work. There will be an element of fieldwork in this course which could involve some animal handling. There will be one internal NCEA assessment in this course.
- Where Does It Lead:
This course compliments many of the other science subjects. This could lead to completing study in senior Agriculture/Horticulture or biology courses at Lincoln. The skills learned in this course could lead to career pathways within the primary sector and/or further education routes.
- For further information see:
- Mr Sparke