- Approx Cost:
- Workbook $15.00. Other costs may include field trips, exhibitions, or guest speakers.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Students need to have achieved one internal Achievement Standard and one external Achievement Standard in a Level 2 Social Science or English course or by negotiation with the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
A multi-disciplinary subject that covers art, history, literature and philosophy of the Greek and Roman world.
Students study twotopics:
- Roman Art and Architecture – covers some of the greatest sculptures and architectural structures of the world, including the Colosseum.
- Alexander the Great – Alexander is on a quest to take over the world. We look at his travels, battles and adventures along the way.
Classical Studies provides the opportunity to gain up to 22 credits. Two internal assessments totalling 12 credits and 2 external assessments totalling 10 credits.
- Where Does It Lead:
Tertiary studies and careers in fields as diverse as foreign affairs, trade and industry, archaeology, law, architecture, drama, museums and art galleries, journalism and teaching.
- For further information see:
- Mrs M Lindsay.