- Approx Cost:
- $30.00. This covers the cost of some craft materials and sewing notions during the course. The pattern and fabric for the garment are purchased separately and are an additional cost.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Year 9 Materials Technology (textile based) is helpful but not essential.
- Course Outline:
- Students examine given contexts that need to be solved, both individually and in a group.
- They investigate a range of materials, factors and influences surrounding the context and develop a brief.
- They design and develop the final product, planning the needed resources and time management.
- Practical skills are a very important part of the programme and are taught throughout students’ work.
There is emphasis on the high quality of the finished products created.
Assessment will be by assignments/projects, practical skills and performance with emphasis on the technology process.
- Where Does It Lead:
NCEA Construction and Mechanical Technologies, Levels 1, 2 and 3. This course may also lead to fashion and design courses at polytechnics and universities.
- For further information see:
- Mrs E Paterson.