- Approx Cost:
- $40.00. This covers the cost of some craft materials and sewing notions during the course. The pattern and fabric for the garment are purchased separately and are an additional cost.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Year 9 Textile Technology skill level is helpful but not essential.
- Course Outline:
- Project planning and design process.
- Make garments and other textile items.
- Construction techniques.
- Technologist processes and procedures.
Assessment will be by assignments/projects, practical skills and performance with emphasis on the technology process.
- Where Does It Lead:
NCEA Construction and Mechanical Technologies, Levels 1, 2 and 3. This course may also lead to fashion and design courses at polytechnics and universities.
- For further information see:
- Mrs E Paterson.