- Approx Cost:
- $25.00 this covers the cost of some craft materials, sewing notions and patterns during the course. The fabric for the boxer shorts is purchased separately and is an additional cost.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Course Outline:
- Students examine given contexts that need to be solved.
- They investigate a range of factors surrounding the context and develop a brief.
- They design and develop the final product, planning the needed resources and time management.
- Practical skills are an important part of the program and are taught throughout students’ work.
- Safe workshop practices will be taught and students are required to demonstrate this for the safety of themselves and others in the workshop.
- Class maximum 28.
Knowing how to write a simple brief.
- Where Does It Lead:
This course leads to Year 10 Materials Technology - Textile basesd and thereafter to senior technology courses at NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- For further information see:
- Mrs E Paterson.