- Approx Cost:
- $30.00 this covers the cost of some craft materials, sewing notions and patterns during the course. The fabric for the pyjamas is purchased separately and is an additional cost.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Course Outline:
In this course you can:
- Explore given contexts to solve problems and come up with solutions.
- Be inspired by other designs to show their own creativity in a range of ideas that meet a brief.
- Become designers and develop an outcome for a client.
- Learn how to project manage an outcome by planning time and resource requirements.
- Discover how materials and processes are used in order to create a successful outcome.
- Be involved in hands on projects including making bags, PJ shorts and a toy for a given person.
- Class maximum 28.
Knowing how to write a simple brief.
Planning and designing an outcome
- Exploring a range of materials and processes
- Learning practical skills
- Where Does It Lead:
This course leads to Year 10 Materials Technology - Textile based and thereafter to Senior Technology courses at NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- For further information see:
- Mrs E Paterson.