- Approx Cost:
- $40.00. This covers the cost of some stationery materials and sewing notions, including interfacing fabrics and some practice materials. Materials and patterns for outcomes need to be purchased separately. Extra cost for entry in the wearable arts show and other trips where applicable.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Open Entry (some knowledge of using mixed materials, drawing and the design process would be helpful).
- Course Outline:
This course will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn how to communicate, be inspired and learn from people that have been involved in the textiles/wearable arts industry.
- Develop confidence, skills and creativity with fabrics and other materials in the context of Wearable Arts.
- Project manage an outcome from start to finish in time for a Wearable Arts fashion show.
- Research, design and test different ideas to meet a brief and complete a successful outcome.
- Where Does It Lead:
Many jobs available in the technology industry. Entry into appropriate courses at Polytechnics, University or a private fashion/textiles design school. Including Dental Technology and Costume Design. Opportunities exist to enter local or national competitions in design or construction to further build their portfolios.
- For further information see:
- Mrs E Paterson