- Approx Cost:
- $40.00. This covers the cost of some stationery materials and sewing notions, including interfacing fabrics and mock-up (toile) fabrics and notions. Fabrics and patterns for garments need to be purchased separately.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
At least 12 credits in NCEA Level 1 Materials Technology (Textile Based) or by negotiation with the TIC.
- Course Outline:
This course provides opportunities to:
- Learn how to communicate and learn from with people that have been involved in the textiles industry.
- Learn how to plan their time wisely and be organised so they can achieve a finished product by the due date.
- Develop confidence, skills and creativity with fabrics and other materials.
- Learn more advanced construction techniques and design applications.
- Learn technology terms and processes which can be applied in the general design world.
- Where Does It Lead:
To one of the many jobs available in the textile/garment industry. Entry into appropriate courses at Polytechnics, University or private fashion schools. Opportunities exist to enter local or national competitions in garment design or construction to further build their portfolios.
- For further information see:
- Mrs E Paterson