- Approx Cost:
- $60.00. This covers the cost of the Level 3 booklet, some photograph printing, plus notions such as over locking threads and sundry materials. Fabrics and commercial patterns need to be purchased separately.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Achievement in Level 1 and 2 Technology are desirable, or by negotiation with the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
This textile technology course comprises internal and externally assessed NCEA achievement standards from the Construction and Mechanical aspect of the technology curriculum.
- It will include opportunities for students to further develop skills in fashion knowledge and marketing trends within the textile industry.
- Develop confidence skills and creativity with fabrics and other materials.
- Learn more advanced construction techniques and design applications.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of generic and subject specific technological terms and processes, including an understanding of the links with their work and global issues such as sustainability and environmental concerns.
- Where Does It Lead:
Entry into an appropriate course at Polytechnic, University or Fashion Schools. Opportunities also exist to enter national design competitions under the banners of creativity and/or expertise in construction. To any of the many jobs available in the textile/garment industry.
- For further information see:
- Mrs E Paterson.