- Approx Cost:
- $40.00. This covers the cost of some stationery materials and sewing notions, including interfacing fabrics and some practice materials. Materials and patterns for outcomes need to be purchased separately. Extra costs for school trips where applicable.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Achievement in any Level 2 Technology is desirable, alternatively they can discuss their suitability with the HOLA.
- Course Outline:
This course will give you the opportunity to:
- Research and develop knowledge from a chosen context, to discover market trends, industry requirements, and innovative ideas.
- Develop confidence, skills and creativity using textiles and/or a variety of other materials.
- Project manage an outcome from start to finish, for a chosen client
- Research, design and test different ideas and materials to meet a brief and complete a successful outcome.
- Learn how to communicate, be inspired and learn from people that have been involved in the textiles/event industry.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the links between their work and global issues such as sustainability, environmental concerns,health and safety.
- Where Does It Lead:
Many jobs available in the technology industry. Entry into appropriate courses at Polytechnics, University or a private fashion/textiles design school. Including Dental Technology and Costume Design. Opportunities exist to enter local or national competitions in design or construction to further build their portfolios.
- For further information see:
- Mrs E Paterson.