- Approx Cost:
- Field trips or a Marae visit - $80.00 (subject to availability).
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
18 credits in NCEA Level 2 Te Reo Māori or by negotiation with the TIC Māori.
- Course Outline:
E ngā korokoro tūī o te reo Māori, e mihi ana au ki a koutou e whai tonu ana i tēnei taonga o ō tātou tīpuna. This course is a continuation from MAO201, during which students will continue to build on the four language skills. The primary focus is to develop a practical confidence across reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Whakaora i te reo - Language revitalization.
- Tangata Ranganui - Famous people.
- Te Ao Whānui - The wider world.
This course offers 2 internal assessments and 2 external assessments.
- Kōrero kia whakamahi i te reo Māori o te ao whānui – a portfolio of speaking assessments.
- Whakarongo kia mōhio ki te reo Māori o te ao whānui – a portfolio of listening assessments.
- Tuhi i te reo Māori te ao whānui – External written assessment.
- Pānui i te reo Māori o te ao whānui– External reading comprehension assessment.
- Where Does It Lead:
University, Polytechnic. Career opportunities include education, working in government departments, television and radio broadcasting, tourism and practically any other line of work in New Zealand.
- For further information see:
- Matua Tihirangi.