- Approx Cost:
- Field trips or a Marae visit $80.00 (subject to availability). Student workbook $16.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
18 credits in NCEA Level 1 Te Reo Māori or by negotiation with the HOD Māori.
- Course Outline:
E ngā mana, e ngā reo, tēnā rawa atu koutou. This course is a continuation from MAO101, during which students will continue to build on the four language skills. The primary focus is to develop a practical confidence across - reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Topics to be covered:
Te Marae - The Marae
Ōku Whāinga – My goals
Tōku Ao – My world.
This course offers two internal assessments and two external assessments.
- Kōrero kia whakamahi i te reo o tōna ao torotoro – a portfolio of speaking assessments
- Whakarongo kia mōhio ki te reo o tōna ao torotoro – a portfolio of listening exercises.
- Tahi i te reo o te ao torotoro – External written assessment
- Pānui i te reo o te ao torotoro – External reading comprehension assessment.
- Where Does It Lead:
NCEA Level 3 Te Reo Māori. Career opportunities include education, working in government departments, television and radio broadcasting, tourism and practically any other line of work in New Zealand.
- For further information see:
- Matua Tihirangi.