- Approx Cost:
- Field trips or a Marae visit $80.00 (subject to availability). Student workbook $16.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Completion ofYear 10 Te Reo Māori or by negotiation with the HOD Māori.
- Course Outline:
E ngā toa o te hokowhitu a te reo Māori, nei au e mihi ana ki a koutou. This course is a continuation from 10MAO, during which students will continue to build on the four language skills. The primary focus is to develop a practical confidence across - reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Topics to be covered:
- Tōku Kāinga – My home.
- Tōku Kura – My school
- Tōku Ao – My world.
- Te Ao Māori – The Māori world.
This course offers 2 internal assessments and 2 external standards.
- Whakarongo kia mōhio ki te reo o tōna ao – A portfolio of listening assessments.
- Kōrero kia whakamahi i te reo o tōna ao – A portfolio of speaking assessments.
- Tuhi i te reo o tōna ao – External written assessment.
- Pānui kia mōhio ki te reo o tōna ao – External reading comprehension assessment.
- Where Does It Lead:
NCEA Level 2 Te Reo Māori. Career opportunities include education, working in government departments, television and radio broadcasting, tourism and practically any other line of work in New Zealand.
- For further information see:
- Matua Tihirangi.