- Approx Cost:
- $50.00 for trips and specialist instruction.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry however, preference will be given to students who have studied PED, SPC courses at Level 1 or 2.
- Course Outline:
The course will offer the students the opportunity to develop leadership and management skills through coaching at local primary schools and at Lincoln High School.
Course content may include:
- Learn and teach new games to junior students.
- Sports injury prevention.
- Refereeing opportunities.
- Plan and deliver coaching sessions to younger students in a chosen sport or activity
- Exploring contemporary leadership
Students who choose this course should be willing to work with young people, and be available to coach groups at various stages of the year.
This course offers up to 22 internally assessed credits at Level 3, via a mix of Unit and Achievement Standards.
- Where Does It Lead:
The course offers students a specific pathway to tertiary study at the Aoraki Polytechnic campuses throughout the South Island e.g. Diploma of Sport (elite performance). Other opportunities in tertiary study are also possible in coaching (degree UC), recreation, leisure, physical education, event management and outdoor instruction. It will also offer students the chance to gain skills and confidence to participate in community leadership and/or coaching roles.
- For further information see:
- Miss K Weir