- Approx Cost:
- There will be a non-compulsory to Wellington. Approximate cost $300. This will be notified well in advance.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
- Level 1 Literacy (in Achievement Standards)and
- 2 internal Achievement Standards and 1 external Achievement Standard in a Level 2 Social Studies or English course.
- by negotiation with the TIC Social Stidues.
- Course Outline:
Students will develop an understanding of ideologies, polices and how these shape our world. They will be able to shape their own learning by choosing their areas of interest for research, media and social action assignments.
- New Zealand society – how have we ended up as the society we are?
- Current world issues – we will study two current global issues and how they have been responded to.
- Campaigning for good – studying and taking campaigns of social action.
Social Studies Achievement Standards are offered, 3 internal and 1 external assessment plus an optional additional external standard.
- Where Does It Lead:
Courses and careers in areas that deal with the needs of people and society such as careers in health sciences, education, social services, armed services, government agencies, media industry, business and international relations. Also great preparation for volunteering.
- For further information see:
- Miss Aitcheson