- Approx Cost:
- Field trip $50.00 (max). $10.00 for printing of media resources.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
- Course Outline:
Students will develop an understanding of how societies change. They will also study how people are trying to change the world for the better. They will be able to shape their own learning by choosing their areas of interest for research, media, business and social action assignments.
- Culture change – why do cultures change? What are the effects of this? With case studies including changing relationships and youth culture.
- Poverty – what does poverty look like in New Zealand and around the world? And what are people doing to solve this problem?
- Making the world a better place – supporting those people in our community who are struggling with poverty, both through social action and creating a business.
Social Studies and Media Studies achievement standards are offered, with students able to achieve 21 credits from 4 internal assessments and 1 external assessment.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Senior Social Studies, Media Studies, History, Geography or Classics. Courses and careers in areas that deal with the needs of people and society such as careers in health sciences, education, social services, armed services, government agencies, media industry, business and international relations.
- For further information see:
- Ms R Meadowcroft.