- Approx Cost:
- $40 for evening performances/workshops
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
As a condition of entry Students must be prepared to rehearse in and out of class time and be available for performance evenings. This course also caters for students interested in Drama technologies and behind the scenes work.
This course can be taken alongside the Year 11/12/13 Drama course, if desired.
- Course Outline:
This course is an inter-level major production course suited to students interested in performance or drama studies. Students can opt into a performance pathway or focus on behind the scenes with scriptwriting, directing and backstage units. Year 11 students can opt to do 1 semester or a full year and learn parallel skills to the year 12/13 students as well as select one Level 2 unit standard. Real life learning is assessed against a range of standards chosen by students.
Practical assessments throughout the semester where:
- Students perform alongside Year 12 and 13 members of the class in a major production and select one Level 2 technology standard.
- Students choose the whole year option, they will be able to use their best work overall to count towards another Level 2 technology standard in semester two.
- Where Does It Lead:
Employers, tertiary institutions and professional partners in today’s working environment are keen to find people with diverse interests and ability to work collaboratively for sustained periods. The production course enables students to learn new skills and confidence which can be applied to real world contexts. Students can choose to continue with Drama throughout the senior years.
- For further information see:
- Mrs McLean