- Approx Cost:
- Education Perfect $20.00, plus optional revision guide $22.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Students will be directed into this course based on their overall achievement in Year 10. It is strongly recommended that students take a Science at NCEA Level 1 (BIO101, GSC101, SCI101, SCE101, SCP101, SCI102). This course can be taken alongside any other NCEA Level 1 Science course, except SCI102.
- Course Outline:
By the end of Year 11 Science students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of aspects of mechanics.
- Demonstrate understanding of aspects of chemistry.
- Demonstrate understanding of biological ideas relating to genetic variation.
There are three internal practical assessments (one optional) and two external exams.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Agricultural /Horticultural science, Biology201, Chemistry201 and Physics201.
- For further information see:
- Miss G Barrett / Mr R Grieve