- Approx Cost:
- Course book $40.00 plus optional revision guide $22.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. Students will not be able to take the Chemistry 201, Physics 201 and Science 201 courses as well due to overlapping standards.
- Course Outline:
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Explain how human activity in a biophysical environment has consequences for a sustainable future.
- Demonstrate understanding of chemistry used in the development of current technology.
- Understanding atomic and nuclear physics
- Identify ions in a solution
- Understanding oxidation and reduction reactions
There are 5internal assessments (with the possibility of 1 optional external).
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Physical Science, Agricultural/ Horticultural Science, Practical and applied Biology, Polytechnic Nursing, New Zealand Certificate of Science courses, Occupational Therapy, Agriculture/Horticulture fields.
- For further information see:
- Mr W Tolhoek.