- Approx Cost:
- Course book $20.00, trips $20.00
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. Students will not be able to take the Chemistry 201, Physics 201 and Science 201 courses due to overlapping standards.
- Course Outline:
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Discuss the physics involved in a topical sporting event
- Investigate a practical physics concept
- Understand atomic and nuclear physics
- Identify ions in a solution
- Understand oxidation and reduction reactions
There are five internal assessments (with the possibility of one optional external from the Physics and/or Chemistry domain).
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Physical Science, Agricultural/ Horticultural Science, Practical and applied Biology, Polytechnic Nursing, New Zealand Certificate of Science courses, Occupational Therapy, Agriculture/Horticulture fields.
- For further information see:
- Miss G Barrett / Mr R Grieve