- Approx Cost:
- Course book $20.00, trips $20.00
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
This is an open entry course for those students needing/wanting Chemistry or Physics who either; didn’t gain entry or want both disciplines in a course. This is an academic course, containing standards from CHE201 and PHY201. Students will not be able to take the Chemistry 201, Physics 201 and Science 201 courses due to overlapping standards. You may be allowed entry into Physics or Chemistry in Level 3 if you have high achievement in this course and pass an optional external.
- Course Outline:
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Discuss the physics involved in a topical sporting event
- Investigate a practical physics concept
- Understand atomic and nuclear physics
- Identify ions in a solution
- Understand oxidation and reduction reactions
There are five internal assessments (with the possibility of one optional external from the Physics and/or Chemistry domain).
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Physical Science, Agricultural/ Horticultural Science, Practical and applied Biology, Polytechnic Nursing, New Zealand Certificate of Science courses, Occupational Therapy, Agriculture/Horticulture fields.
- For further information see:
- Mr Tolhoek