- Approx Cost:
- Course book $40.00 plus optional revision guide $22.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. Students will not be able to take the Chemistry 301 and Physics 301 courses due to overlapping standards.
- Course Outline:
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Discuss how physics is applied to a manufacturing process
- Use physics knowledge to develop an informed response to a socio-scientific issue
- Understand wave systems (external)
- Discuss how chemical processes are used in manufacturing
- Understand reduction and reduction processes
There are four internal assessments and one external assessment.
- Where Does It Lead:
University and Polytechnic Physics, Chemistry or Applied Science courses, useful in many jobs such as Nursing, Science Technology, Occupational Therapy, Veterinary Science, Medical Science and Agriculture/ Horticulture fields.
- For further information see:
- Miss G Barrett / Mr R Grieve