- Approx Cost:
- Education perfect $20.00. Optional revision guide $22.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Selection will be based on academic achievement in Year 10 and teachers’ feedback.
- Course Outline:
By the end of Year 11 Science, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of aspects of mechanics.
- Demonstrate understanding of aspects of chemistry.
- Demonstrate understanding of biological ideas relating to genetic variation.
There are three internal practical assessments (one optional) and two external exams.
Students may be able to sit an additional NCEA level 2 Science assessment in discussion with their teacher or enter into a NCEA level 2 Science course alongside this course in discussion with the HOLA Science.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Horticulture Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Electronics if the entry requirements have been met.
- For further information see:
- Mr Tolhoek