- Approx Cost:
- Course book $35 plus optional revision guide $22.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. It is strongly recommended that students take a Science at NCEA Level 1 (BIO101, GSC101, SCI101, SCE101, SCP101, SCI102). This course can be taken alongside any other NCEA Level 1 Science course.
- Course Outline:
This will be an invaluable course for students looking for a career in engineering, medicine or trades. By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of electricity and magnetism in everyday life.
- Demonstrate how waves are used in everyday life.
- Demonstrate the use of carbon compounds as fuels.
- Demonstrate the use of acids and bases.
All aspects will be covered in contexts relevant to the course. There are three internal assessments and one external assessment (with the possibility of another optional external).
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Agriculture/Horticultural Science201, Practical Biology201, Manufacturing Science201, Science201, Chemistry201, Physics201 if entry requirements have been met. Students will unlikely be able to take Biology201 unless another Science is taken at NCEA Level 1.
- For further information see:
- Mr W Tolhoek.