- Approx Cost:
- Transport to and from CTC sites (ARA or SIT) or the NTA site (McLeans Island). There are no costs associated with the tertiary courses.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Yr 12 students who have preferably completed Level 1 NCEA. There are limited places, so a school selection process will apply. Students must be committed to a complete year of study.
- Course Outline:
This blended course provides an opportunity for Yr 12 students to experience a tertiary course aligned with their vocational pathway while still being enrolled at school. Successful applicants would study part-time at Lincoln High School (LHS) and part-time at a tertiary trade academy, either the Canterbury Tertiary College (CTC) or the National Trade Academy (NTA). Students would attend LHS Monday - Wednesday and CTC or NTA Thursday – Friday. Applicants must have the tertiary course choice approved by LHS before applying to CTC or NTA. Student results from LHS, CTC or NTA count towards Level 2 NCEA. On completion of this course students would plan to attend full time tertiary study or employment instead of completing Year 13.
The course details may change but are accurate as at July 2016.
Lincoln High School (Monday to Wednesday) course – Compulsory Literacy and Numeracy as well as two option subjects.
Possible Canterbury Tertiary College Level 2 (Thursday and Friday) courses:
- Introduction to Trades
- Furniture and Joinery
- Engineering – Electrical, Mechanical or Applied Engineering (Design and Practice)
- Automotive/ Autobody
- Civil Skills
- Plumbing and Drainlaying
- Welding and Structural Steel
- Depending on a student’s academic pathway, the following Level 3 CTC courses may be considered.
- Cookery, Carpentry, Hairdressing, Early Childhood Education, Plasterboard Painting and Decorating, and Business Administration / Computing.
Possible National Trade Academy Level 2 (Thursday and Friday) courses include:
- Animal Care
- Horticulture and Landscaping
- Where Does It Lead:
Full time tertiary courses, apprenticeships or employment in a pathway that aligns with the courses experienced at CTC and NTA. The intention is for STP203 to seek full time tertiary study or employment after the completion of this course instead of completing Year 13.
- For further information see:
- Mrs F. Bamford, the CTC website (www.ctc.ac.nz) or the NTA website (www.nta.co.nz).