- Approx Cost:
- Transport to and from Ara or the NTA site (McLeans Island). There are no costs associated with the tertiary courses.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Yr 12 students who have preferably completed Level 1 NCEA. There are limited places, so a school selection process will apply. Students must be committed to a complete year of study.
- Course Outline:
This blended course provides an opportunity for Yr 12 students to experience a tertiary course aligned with their vocational pathway while still being enrolled at school. Successful applicants would study part-time at Lincoln High School (LHS) and part-time at a tertiary trade academy, either Ara or the National Trade Academy (NTA). Students would attend LHS Monday - Wednesday and Ara or NTA Thursday – Friday. Applicants must have the tertiary course choice approved by LHS before applying to Ara or NTA. Student results from LHS, Ara or NTA count towards Level 2 NCEA. On completion of this course students would attend full time tertiary study or employment instead of completing Year 13.
The course details may change but are accurate as at July 2019.
Lincoln High School (Monday to Wednesday) course – Employment Skills including Literacy and Numeracy as well as two option subjects.
Possible Ara (Thursday and Friday) courses:
- Introduction to Construction Trades
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- Introduction to Automotive and Engineering
Possible National Trade Academy Level 2 (Thursday and Friday) courses include:
- Animal Care
- Horticulture and Landscaping
- Where Does It Lead:
Full time tertiary courses, apprenticeships or employment in a pathway that aligns with the courses experienced at Ara and NTA.
- For further information see:
- Ms Bamford, the Ara website (www.ara.ac.nz) or the NTA website (www.nta.co.nz).