- Approx Cost:
- Transport to and from Ara or the NTA site (McLeans Island). There are no costs associated with the tertiary courses.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Yr 13 students who have preferably completed Level 2. There are limited places, so a school selection process will apply. Students must be committed to a complete year of study.
- Course Outline:
This blended course provides an opportunity for Yr 13 students to experience a tertiary course aligned with their vocational pathway while still being enrolled at school. Successful applicants would study part-time at Lincoln High School (LHS) and part-time at a tertiary trade academy, either Ara or the National Trade Academy (NTA). Students would attend LHS Monday - Wednesday and Ara or NTA Thursday – Friday. Applicants must have the tertiary course choice approved by LHS before applying to Ara or NTA. Student results from LHS, Ara or NTA count towards Level 2 NCEA.
The course details may change but are accurate as at July 2020.
Lincoln High School (Monday to Wednesday) course – Employment Skills including Literacy and Numeracy as well as two option subjects.
Possible Ara (Thursday and Friday) courses:
- Introduction to Construction Trades
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- Introduction to Automotive and Engineering
Possible National Trade Academy Level 3 (Thursday and Friday) courses include:
- Animal Care
- Horticulture and Landscaping
- Where Does It Lead:
Full time tertiary courses, apprenticeships or employment in a pathway that aligns with the courses experienced at Ara and NTA.
- For further information see:
- Ms Bamford, the Ara website (www.ara.ac.nz) or the NTA website (www.nta.co.nz).