- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
This is an advanced course and students will need to be good abstract and logical thinkers. This will mean that students have a genuine interest in Mathematics and Science, with strengths particularly in algebra and problem solving. Completion of 10EDT is also an advantage.
Students will be expected to have their own earphones.
- Course Outline:
This cross-curricular course aims to:
• Develop an understanding of the functioning of electronic components
• Ability to correctly construct and draw an electronic circuit
• Develop an understanding using programming language to develop an electronic outcome
• Develop skills and techniques in organising, designing and managing resources involved in solving Electronic Technology problems
• Develop team management and communication skills
• Develop an understanding of the ethics involved in creating outcomes using electronic components
• Build a project and test that it is fit for the purpose
Once skills have been developed, students will choose a project to develop and will be encouraged to enter competitions like BrightSparks and 123Tech
Students may not enter both DTP101 and ELE101 because of the overlap of standards
Assessment is by means of practical and written work, using a project based approach.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 Electrical Technology (ELT201) or DTP201
- For further information see:
- Mrs R Davey or Mr L Yang