- Approx Cost:
- Materials $120.00. Any extra materials will be charged accordingly.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Experience necessary with a high level attained at Year 10 Materials Technology Wood or Metal.
- Course Outline:
This course requires a strong desire to work through the design process and management of their product design. Creative and self-motivated. Students follow the design process to develop a major product for the year by:
- Fully researching a given issue to develop a brief.
- Using planning tools for their time and resources.
- Undertaking research and developing ideas.
- Developing final ideas and presenting the detail through technological modelling.
- Making, presenting and evaluating the final product.
- Gathering knowledge through the design process, product research, communication with stakeholders, material research and testing.
- Where Does It Lead:
The course is designed for those who may want to progress further than trades into engineering, project management, industrial design and product design. PDT201, MTM201 and MTW201, Polytechnic courses in design, craft and trades. University courses in engineering and technology, project management, production and research.
- For further information see:
- Mr E Wright, Mr S Childs.