- Approx Cost:
- Materials $120.00. Any extra materials will be charged accordingly.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Minimum 12 credits in Product Design Technology PDT101.
It is not recommended to do more than one of MTM203, MTW203 or PDT 201 courses.
- Course Outline:
A strong desire to work through the design process and manage their product design. Creative and self-motivated and able to communicate with stake holders. Students follow the design process to develop products for the year by communicating with stakeholders to:
- Fully researching a given issue to develop and refine a brief.
- Undertaking in depth research and develop ideas.
- Developing final ideas and presenting the detail (sketching, computer solid modelling and physical modelling.)
- Making with advanced skills, presenting and evaluating the final product.
- Selecting and using planning tools to manage time and resources.
- Gathering knowledge through the design process, product and material research, communication with stakeholders and testing.
- Where Does It Lead:
The course is designed for those who may want to progress further than trades into engineering, project management, industrial design, and product design.
- Year 13 Product Design Technology.
- Polytechnic courses in design, craft, and trades.
- University courses in engineering and technology, project management, production, research.
- For further information see:
- Mr E Wright, HOLA or HOD