- Approx Cost:
- Course manual $25.00. Revision guides $25.00. Field trip $10.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Automatic entry requires at least 12 Merit credits from SCI101 or SCP101, including Science 1.13 at a Merit Level OR any other Physics based External. Students not meeting these criteria need to seek approval from the HOD.
- Course Outline:
By the end of the Level 2 course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of atoms and radioactivity.
- Demonstrate understanding of mechanics.
- Demonstrate understanding of electricity and electromagnetism.
There are three internal Achievement Standards during the year, with two external assessments at the end of the year.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13/Scholarship Physics and university study. The content is a valuable "lead in" to many tertiary courses e.g, engineering, physiotherapy, radiography. It can reduce apprenticeship periods significantly and provides exemptions for many polytechnic trade and New Zealand certificate courses.
- For further information see:
- Mr L Yang.