- Approx Cost:
- $40.00 for various field trips and specialist instruction.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Students who intend to study PED101 in Year 11 are recommended to apply. Successful completion of year 9 PED including full involvement and participation.
- Course Outline:
The objective of this course is to prepare students for Level 1 NCEA Physical Education. It is a mix of theory and practical lessons designed to engage students in a variety of ways. It is important to note that this is an academic course.
- Introduction to anatomy, biomechanics and exercise physiology.
- Active participation in physical activity
- Interpersonal skills within a team or group during physical activity.
- Managing self in physical activity.
- Goal setting and methods/principles of training.
- Skill improvement in a variety of activities
- Assisting others in physical activity (coaching).
- Practical assessment in a range of sports.
There are common assessment tasks throughout the year including written tests, assignments, logs, practical performance and teacher observation.
- Where Does It Lead:
NCEA Level 1 Physical Education (PED101).
- For further information see:
- Mr J Goodfellow.