- Approx Cost:
- $40.00 for various field trips and specialist instruction.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Students who intend to study PED101 in Year 11 are recommended to apply. Successful completion of year 9 PED including full involvement and participation.
- Course Outline:
The objective of this course is to prepare students for a senior pathway in Physical Education. The course has a mix of theory (classroom) and practical components. it is expected that students choosing the course are willing to take up both practical and academic challenges.
- Introduction to anatomy, biomechanics and exercise physiology.
- Active participation in physical activity
- Interpersonal skills within a team or group during physical activity.
- Managing self in physical activity.
- Goal setting and methods/principles of training.
- Skill improvement in a variety of activities
There are common assessment tasks throughout the year including written tests, assignments, logs, practical performance and teacher observation.
- Where Does It Lead:
NCEA Level 1 Physical Education (PED101).
- For further information see:
- Mr J Goodfellow.