- Approx Cost:
- $ 20.00 for course textbook (One textbook covers both the agriculture and horticulture courses)
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
This subject is open entry. However, students should have enjoyed Year 10 Ag/hort and have a strong interest in this subject. It is strongly recommended that students intending to take Year 12 Agriculture should consider taking both the agriculture and horticulture courses during year 11.
- Course Outline:
To learn about different aspects of New Zealand Horticulture. This course will include:
- Demonstrating knowledge of pasture/crop management practices
- Creating, designing and producing a landscape plan that reflects user requirements
- Demonstrating knowledge through practical and research activities of basic plant propagation techniques.
This course will place a strong emphasis on practical skills and will include a combination of both practical and written work. There will be an element of fieldwork in this course which may involve a trip to an outside agency to experience how several horticultural techniques are conducted within the primary industries.
There are no NCEA internal assessments.
- Where Does It Lead:
This course compliments many of the other science subjects. This could lead to completing study in senior Agriculture/Horticulture or biology courses at Lincoln. The skills learned in this course could lead to career pathways within the primary sector and/or further education routes.
- For further information see:
- Mr Sparke