- Approx Cost:
- $20.00 for theory, aural workbooks and CDs.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
14 credits in NCEA Level 1 Music or by negotiation with the HOD.
- Competent ability on an instrument (three years of instrumental or vocal lessons).
- Ability to read music.
- NCEA Level 1 Music.
- At least 14 credits in NCEA Level 1 Music.
- Course Outline:
The range of standards that may be offered are:
91270/91272 Performance: Solo and group, 10 credits.
91271 Composition, 6 credits.
91273 Instrumentation, 4 credits.
91276 Score reading, 4 credits.
91274 Solo performance on second instrument, 3 credits.
91275 Aural skills, 4 credits.
91278 Research, 4 credits.
Students will have some choice in standards chosen.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 13 Music and competence and confidence as a musician.
- For further information see:
- Mr D Weber.