- Approx Cost:
- $10 for optional Adobe Software
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
- Course Outline:
This single semester, collaborative course aims to develop practical, “real world” media skills. There is a strong focus on students developing their own concepts for media products and publishing them.
This course will focus on the following:
- Media Consumption vs Media Production
- Representation of groups and individuals in the Media
- Rules that apply to Media Advertising
- Short Film-making (from original concept to production)
- Event Marketing (producing an innovative Media kit to promote an event)
Media Production develops skills which are useful in a wide variety of media careers. The course improves students’ self-confidence and their ability to organise their work, problem-solve, keep to deadlines and work as part of a team. It also challenges students to engage in critical viewing of media content.
Criterion-based, individual and group assessment
- Where Does It Lead:
Media courses at Year 11, Media Production 201 and NCEA Level 3 Film, Print or Broadcasting Production.
- For further information see:
- Mr Gilpin/ Mrs A Packer