- Approx Cost:
- $10 for optional Adobe Software
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Open Entry. However, students do need to have a genuine interest in film-making & good literacy skills (Level 1 literacy for example), as this is a hands-on intensive course that requires a commitment outside of normal class time.
- Course Outline:
Level 2 Media students will be able to explore their strengths and passion in producing media products for film, radio or print. Students need to be self-starters and strong independent learners in order to benefit from the range of transferrable skills, such as critical analysis, presenting, working with others and problem solving, that is taught in this subject.
Typical areas of focus will be:
- Understanding narrative story telling in a film trilogy
- Understanding aspects of the documentary film genre
- Presenting an aspect of the film industry through producing a You Tube style video, Empire Magazine article, or radio documentary
Media Studies Achievement Standards are offered, with students able to achieve 2 credits from internal and 1 external assessment. Students taking MEP201 need to be self-motivated and committed to completing self-directed media products.
- Where Does It Lead:
Film Production 301; Broadcast Production 301; Print Production 301;Tertiary studies at ARA New Zealand Broadcasting School, Video Post-production courses or other University Media/Film programmes. Careers in marketing, advertising & public relations.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Packer/Mr Gilpin.