- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Students will be directed into this class based on their overall performance in Year 10 or on literacy needs during the year.
- Course Outline:
This course is designed to support students who need to build their literacy. Working at their own pace, students will be assessed internally throughout their classroom learning to achieve the Literacy Unit Standard Package. There will be an exit and entry point for this course at the semester changeover. Students need to pass all three unit standards to gain Level 1 literacy. This course continues into semester two, to make it a full year course if required.
- Write to communicate ideas
- Reading for understanding
- Speaking and listening
10 credit unit standard literacy package:
- US 26622 Write to communicate ideas for a purpose and audience – 4 credits
- US 26624 Read texts with understanding – 3 credits
- US 26625 Actively participate in spoken interactions – 3 credits
- Where Does It Lead:
ENG202, ENO202. In exceptional cases, students could apply for entry into ENG201, ENS201, ENH201, ENP001 and ENR001. This would require HOLA approval.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Litten