- Approx Cost:
- $5.00 for class materials.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Students will be directed into this class based on their overall performance in Year 10 or on literacy needs during the year.
- Course Outline:
This course designed to support students who need to build their literacy. Students will learn how to solve problems and work co-operatively through a range of projects. Each term has a project focus which allows students to create, view and explore a range of texts. Students will be assessed internally throughout their different project work to form the Literacy Unit Standard Package. There will be an exit and entry point for this course at the semester changeover. Students need to pass all three unit standards to gain Level 1 literacy. This course continues into semester two, to make it a full year course.
- Write to communicate ideas
- Reading for understanding
- Speaking and listening
10 credit unit standard literacy package:
- US 26622 Write to communicate ideas for a purpose and audience – 4 credits
- US 26624 Read texts with understanding – 3 credits
- US 26625 Actively participate in spoken interactions – 3 credits
- Where Does It Lead:
ENG202, ENO202. In exceptional cases, students could apply for entry into ENG201, ENS201 and ENH201. This would require HOLA approval.
- For further information see:
- Ms Lamont