- Approx Cost:
- $270.00 includes ITO workbooks.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is not needed for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Completion of HOS103 will secure entry. Alternatively, admission is at the discretion of the HOLA . Students taking this course may not enter FNT201, unless in exceptional circumstances they have HOLA approval. Course maximum is 24 students.
- Course Outline:
This course includes internal Unit Standards only. Students are not able to gain a course endorsement. Unit standard 167 must be achieved before any further credits can be awarded.
The nature of this course dictates particular recipes for assessments. Accommodation for special dietary requirements and preferences will not be possible
- Handle and maintain knives in a commercial kitchen.
- Grilling in a commercial kitchen.
- Salads for service in a commercial kitchen.
- Table service.
- Where Does It Lead:
FNB302. Gives a good foundation for consumer & applied science, Food Quality and Safety. Employment in a variety of areas in the Hospitality industry.
- For further information see:
- Mrs D van Vuuren.