- Approx Cost:
- $270.00 includes ITO workbooks.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is not needed for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Completion of 10FNT preferred. Alternatively, admission is at the discretion of the HOLA. Students taking this course may not enter into FNT101, unless in exceptional circumstances they have HOLA approval. Class maximum size is 24 students.
- Course Outline:
This course includes internal Unit Standards only. Students are not able to gain a Course Endorsement. This course introduces students to the requirements and demands of working in the hospitality industry. It covers a range of topics that will provide the basis for chef skills and working in a commercial kitchen.
The nature of this course dictates particular recipes for assessments. Accommodation for special dietary requirements and preferences will not be possible
- Food hygiene and safety.
- Wide scope of practical knowledge on preparing and presenting fruit, vegetables, egg, cheese, meat, sauces, soup, hot finger food and baked products in the hospitality industry.
- Career pathways in the hospitalityindustry.
- Knowledge, use and care of knives in the hospitality industry.
All students must follow Health and Safety regulations as required.
- Where Does It Lead:
FNT201 and HOS202. A good foundation for qualifications in Consumer & Applied Science, Food Quality and Consumer Studies, Food Safety and Microbiology, Food Product Innovation, Food Processing, Food Contamination, Security, Food Science, Human Nutrition, research etc.
- For further information see:
- Mrs D van Vuuren.