- Approx Cost:
- Course books $20.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Course Outline:
- Direct and indirect sowing of herbs, flower and vegetable plants.
- Maintaining a garden plot.
- Correct and safe use of tools.
- Pricking out and propagation of plants.
- Garden planning.
- Tools and their uses.
- Plant structure and function.
- Marketing a NZ primary product.
- Horticulture in New Zealand.
- Organic gardening methods.
Students will be assessed both practically (garden establishment, maintenance and practical tasks) and theoretically (assignments and tests).
- Where Does It Lead:
Agricultural/Horticultural Science in Year 10 and beyond; learning and caring for plants and the pleasure of growing plants.
- For further information see:
- Miss Roberts/Miss Tighe