- Approx Cost:
- $25.00 plus optional trip TBC & subject to availability
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Open entry, but this course is suited to those with a strong interest in developing personal and community well-being and in Health Education.
- Course Outline:
Students will recognise factors that influence personal wellbeing and that of others. Students will create a tool-kit to maintain health and take action to enhance the well-being of the school community. They will learn how to take action of their chosen health campaign and showcase this in an expo.
- Students will self-select a topical health issue.
- Work will be completed in small groups to make a difference around the selected health issue.
- Health issue topics could include; Social Media, STI's, high rates of anxiety, depression, addiction, bullying etc.
This course will be a solid foundation to understanding the underlying concepts of Health Education.
There will be one internal NCEA Level 2 assessment in this course which includes 5 literacy credits.. Other assessments will consist of individual projects and group tasks
This course can be taken in combination with any other Year 11 Physical Education, Health Education or Outdoor Education semester courses.
- Where Does It Lead:
HED201, HED 301
- For further information see:
- Mrs Jones