- Approx Cost:
- $25.00 plus optional trip TBC & subject to availability
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry, but this course is suited to those with a strong interest in following the Health Education pathway, and developing an understanding of how nutrition influences wellbeing.
- Course Outline:
This course is devised for students who want to understand the value of nutrition, what influences food choice and how they can come about to make healthy nutritional choices.
- Students will explore differing view-points around nutritional value and food choices
- How 'where we live' can effect 'what we eat' and your health (poverty, NCD's, refugee rations, global-food)
- Personal goal setting (managing self around financing, recipes and fueling your-self)
This course will be a solid foundation to understanding the underlying concepts of Health Education.
There will be one internal NCEA assessment in this course which includes 3 literacy credits. Other assessments will consist of individual projects and group tasks.
This course can be taken in combination with any other Year 11 Physical Education, Health Education or Outdoor Education semester courses.
- Where Does It Lead:
HED201, HED 301
- For further information see:
- Mrs Jones