- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Open entry, but this course is suited to those with a strong interest in following the Health Education pathway, and developing an understanding of how to fuel oneself to enhance wellbeing including nutrition as a main focus.
- Course Outline:
This course is devised for students who want to develop their wellbeing kete and understand the value of nutrition, what influences food choice and how they can come about to make healthy nutritional choices.
- Students will explore differing view-points around nutritional value and food choices
- How 'where we live' can effect 'what we eat' and your health (poverty, NCD's, refugee rations, global-food)
- Personal goal setting (fueling your-self)
This course will be a solid foundation to understanding the underlying concepts of Health Education.
Assessments will consist of students completing a personal goal and evaluating how this can enhance wellbeing and an investigation on a nutritional health issue.
This course can be taken in combination with any other Year 11 Physical Education, Health Education or Outdoor Education semester courses.
- Where Does It Lead:
HED201, HED 301
- For further information see:
- Mrs Jones