- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Course Outline:
This course follows the National Health and Physical Education curriculum at Level 5. Students learn to appreciate physical activity using a range of contexts as well as learning the importance of health and well-being for self and others.
- Change/loss and grief.
- Hauora and influences on well-being.
- Drugs and alcohol.
- Sexuality education.
- Lifestyle activities.
- Hit to win (tennis, badminton, table tennis).
- International games.
- Quest for Gold (values in physical activity).
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Students will have the same teacher for both Health and Physical Education.
Self/peer/teacher assessment. Reporting will be done based on a combination of the Key Competencies and the Achievement Objectives in the Health and Physical Education curriculum.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 11 Physical Education and Health courses (PED101, HED101, SPF101, PER101).
- For further information see:
- Mr J Goodfellow.