- Approx Cost:
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry although Year 9 Graphics is of great benefit.
- Course Outline:
The course in Graphics is suitable for students who are keen on drawing, communicating ideas and putting ideas on paper. It involves the visual presentation and interpretation of ideas and plans.
Students will be taught basic drawing techniques and design strategies which will enable them to design everyday objects and present them in a variety of different visual ways. They will begin to use design language and develop design skills
The course includes:
- Developing skills in spatial design through building and landscape.
- Developing skills in product design.
- Linking design ideas, requirements and constraints.
Assessment will be through short class tasks and a number of longer individual design tasks based on design briefs. Here students apply their skills and creativity using
- Sketching and other Visual Communication Techniques.
- Presentation and Rendering.
- Pictorial drawing & Orthographic drawing.
- Design process.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Where Does It Lead:
NCEA Level 1 DVC101 (Graphics) through to Polytech and University.
- For further information see:
- Mr S Childs.