- Approx Cost:
- Course book $35.00 plus field trips $30.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Open entry. It is strongly recommended that students take a Science at NCEA Level 1. (BIO101, GSC101, SCI101, SCP101, SCI102 or SCE101). This course can be taken alongside any other Level 1 Science course except SCI102.
- Course Outline:
This course will focus on aspects of natural geological process that occur on Earth and explain other astronomical geological processes. By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the formation of surface features in New Zealand.
- Demonstrate how carbon on cycles through Earth.
- Demonstrate the effects of astronomical cycles on Earth.
- Investigate an astronomical or Earth Science event.
This course includes 4 internal assessments that will be completed during the year.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 AHS201, SCI201, BIP201 and SCP201. Students will be unlikely to take BIO201, CHE201 and PHY201 unless another Science is taken at NCEA Level 1.
- For further information see:
- Mr W Tolhoek.