- Approx Cost:
- Course book $35.00 plus field trips $30.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
Open entry. It is strongly recommended that students take a Science at NCEA Level 1. (BIO101, GSC101, SCI101, SCP101, SCI102 or SCE101). This course can be taken alongside any other Level 1 Science course except SCI102.
- Course Outline:
This course will focus on aspects of natural geological processes that occur on Earth and explain other astronomical processes. By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the formation of surface features in New Zealand.
- Demonstrate how carbon cycles through Earth.
- Demonstrate the effects of astronomical cycles on Earth.
- Investigate an astronomical or Earth Science event.
This course includes 4 internal assessments that will be completed during the year.
- Where Does It Lead:
Year 12 AHS201, SCI201, BIP201 and SCP201. Students will be unlikely to take BIO201, CHE201 and PHY201 unless another Science is taken at NCEA Level 1.
- For further information see:
- Miss G Barrett / Mr R Grieve