- Approx Cost:
- Field trips $150.00, Skills notebook $25.00.
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
- Course Outline:
Geography is the study of what happens when people and the environment meet. Some of the topics we cover include:
- Research, looking at weather and the accuracy of forecasts or river flows and water quality.
- Global Study, the world at night (an interpretation of satellite images).
- Extreme natural events, we look at the geology and the impacts of the Christchurch earthquakes.
- Sustainable use of an environment.
- GIS, Digital mapping to solve a problem.
This course includes 4 internal and 2 external Achievement Standards.
- Where Does It Lead:
Geography in Years 12 and 13. Careers in resource management, planning, surveying, demographics, travel. University and polytechnic study.
- For further information see:
- Mr C Perry.