- Approx Cost:
- Potential field trips $180.00, Textbook $25.00
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
- Course Outline:
- Three day (two night) field trip to Mt Cook National Park researching the different vegetation patterns (altitudinal zonation) due to the variations in the interaction of the natural elements in the South Island High Country.
- Predator Free 2050 is an ambitious goal to rid New Zealand of the most damaging introduced predators that threaten our country. Students will research how well communities, iwi, experts, businesses, government and non-government organisations and individuals are all working together to achieve this.
- Global spread of Malaria. An estimated 3.4 billion people in 92 countries are at risk of being infected with malaria. There were 219 million cases of malaria globally in 2017. Students will research and map this global disease.
This course includes 3 internal and 2 external Achievement Standards.
- Where Does It Lead:
GEO301. Tertiary studies at University. A Geography degree leads to careers in public service, the tourism industry, companies dealing with geographic information systems (GIS) and global positioning systems (GPS), the police local authorities and in education.
- For further information see:
- Mr Gilpin/Mrs Maria Connolly