- Approx Cost:
- Potential field trip $180.00
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
10 Literacy credits in NCEA Level 1.
- Course Outline:
- One day field trip to New Brighton Beach and Taylors Mistake. Students will conduct geographical research into the processes that develop sand dunes on these two beaches.
- Plastic in the Oceans. Students will write a report on the massive collections of plastic in our oceans.
- Three day (two night) field trip to Queenstown. Students will research Tourism Development in Queenstown and the preparation required to plan the Queenstown Winter Festival.
- International Tourism and Covid19. Students will research the changes to Worldwide International Tourism from the global spread of Covid-19.
Year 13 Geography includes 4 internal and 3 external Achievement Standards. Students will achieve University Entrance in Geography from completing the four internal Achievement Standards.
- Where Does It Lead:
Tertiary studies at University. A Geography degree leads to careers in public service, the tourism industry, companies dealing with geographic information systems (GIS) and global positioning systems (GPS), the police, local authorities and in education.
- For further information see:
- Mr Gilpin/ Mrs Maria Connolly