- Approx Cost:
- Potential non compulsory field trip $190.00
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is essential for this course
- Entry Recommendations:
- Course Outline:
- One day field trip to New Brighton Beach and Taylors Mistake. Students will conduct geographical research into the processes that develop sand dunes on these two beaches.
- Plastic in the Oceans. Students will write a report on the massive collections of plastic in our oceans, actions required at the global, national and local level to reduce single use plastics.
- Three day (two night) field trip to Queenstown. Students will research Tourism Development in Queenstown and the preparation required to plan the Queenstown Winter Festival.
- International Tourism and Covid19. Students will research the changes to Worldwide International Tourism from the global spread of Covid-19, along with the social and economic impacts.
Students will be introduced to the ArcGIS spatial world and complete all maps and analysis using this Geographic Information System. Student licences for ArcGIS are now available for all Geography students.
Year 13 Geography includes 4 internal and 2 external Achievement Standards. Students will achieve University Entrance in Geography from completing the four internal Achievement Standards.
- Where Does It Lead:
Tertiary studies at University. A Geography degree leads to careers in public service, the tourism industry, companies dealing with geographic information systems (GIS) and global positioning systems (GPS), the police, local authorities and in education.
- For further information see:
- Mrs Connolly