- Approx Cost:
- Potential field trips $180.00, Textbook $25.00
- Technology Requirements:
- A laptop is of benefit for this course
- Entry Requirements:
Level 1 literacy.
- Course Outline:
Exploring how people and the environment interact. Some of the topics we will cover in the course:
- Global study – Malaria pattern in the world.
- Research – we will study vegetation zonation in an alpine environment.
- The Natural Environment – we study the South Island High Country and a potential trip to see it in action.
- Contemporary Issue – we look at DOC’s use of 1080 poison to control predators in our national parks and freedom camping.
This course includes 3 internal and 2 external Achievement Standards.
- Where Does It Lead:
GEO301 and careers in resource management, planning, surveying, demographics and travel.
- For further information see:
- Mr Gilpin